Well over the last few days, I have really cut back on the running, to allow my body to recover just in time for Sunday's Last Chance for Boston Marathon in Dublin, Ohio. On Wednesday, I ran my last marathon pace workout, it was pretty simple. I started with a 15 min jog, then ran 2 miles at marathon pace, and finished with a cooldown jog. I felt good and I am looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead. From Thursday to Saturday, I will jog 15-30 minutes with some short quick strides to help me stay sharp. I have been focusing on rest, eating healthy and drinking enough water.
As for the marathon, at this point the weather forecast calls for about 30 degree temperatures and a chance of some light snow. I am confident that the course will be clear so I am not too concerned about the weather and I am thankful that there is no wind in the forecast at this point.
The plan for race day is to run the first half of the marathon at 7:30 pace which is about a 3:17 marathon pace. After the first 13 miles, I plan to slowly pick-up the pace towards 7:20, which is the pace I have been training. Even tough the original goal was to break 3:30, this training plan has gone so well, I am optimisitc that I can run under 3:20.
Thank you to all who read the blog, wished me well and most of all those who trained with me - Liz, Kevin, Kati, Kevin A., Ryan and especially Rob. I couldn't have done it without you. Also, thanks to Tim for designing the plan and keeping me motivated. Finally, thanks to Liz again for supporting me during these last few months and for putting up with me while I train. I am confident and ready to go!
This may be my last post before the marathon, altough I may try to post on Saturday if the hotel has wireless. Our plane leaves Friday night at 7:45.
Thanks again and stay tuned for race details....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bryan-
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything! Gerry and I will be rooting for you and praying that all goes well! I know I never actually ran with you, but by reading your blog, I felt as though I was training with you - in spirit! Ha ha!
Again, good luck and keep everyone posted on how you did!
~Cara