Sunday, April 4, 2010

THE BLOG IS BACK

After a month hiatus, the marathon training blog is back. I know a lot of people are excited about this....
Since the marathon on February 28, I have been running at an easy pace for a certain amount of time (usually 30 - 60 minutes). I haven't worried about pace or distance, but instead have been focused on getting my training runs in consistently each week. I rested for 6 days after the marathon then ran 17, 21, 27 miles per week for the rest of the month. The training plan I will use for the next couple of months looks like this

Week 1 - 6
30 min
45 min
30 min
45 min
30 min
45 min
off or 30 min

I am currently finishing the third week of this cycle and have completed each of the runs. Due to our track schedule, I typically change the order of the runs depending on when I have time.

Week 7 - 12
45 min
30 min
30 min at marathon pace
30 min
45 min
30 min
60 min

Since most of these runs are rather uneventful, I will be posting each week rather than each day to allow for more interesting posts and avoid constant repetition.

No comments:

Post a Comment