Since I was able to run under 3:20 at the LCFB marathon, my next goal will be to run under 3:10:59 at the LCFB marathon in 2011 and qualify for the Boston Marathon. I met with Tim shortly after the marathon to talk about what it would take to achieve the 4.5% improvement and qualify for Boston. I plan to train consistently during the De Smet Track & Field Season, then over the summer I will train more seriously and incorporate pylometrics and weight training. I may run a half marathon over the summer to give me a race to focus on before next year.
As most of you know, Liz and I are PREGNANT, so life is about to change. I still plan to run, but I will be forced to do so with less sleep and will have to be super organized to get everything in. I am motivated to take on the challenge and can't wait to be a dad. I soon will be one of those dads running behind a "jogging stroller."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment